Located amidst the picturesque landscapes of Oxford, England, the University of Oxford stands as an enduring symbol of academic excellence. Its roots trace back to the 12th century, weaving a captivating tapestry enriched with scholarly brilliance, pioneering innovation, and profound contributions to the world of knowledge. Oxford transcends the label of a mere university; it is a legendary institution celebrated for its unwavering dedication to the highest academic standards and a vibrant atmosphere brimming with intellectual curiosity.
This venerable institution extends a diverse spectrum of undergraduate, graduate, and research programs spanning a wide array of disciplines. Its iconic colleges and esteemed faculty members act as magnets, attracting scholars, researchers, and students from every corner of the globe. Within this dynamic community, they find common ground—a shared passion for pushing the boundaries of learning and research, all propelled by an insatiable thirst for knowledge.
Oxford, with its broad spectrum of undergraduate and postgraduate programs spanning various fields, beckons students from every corner of the world. What sets this institution apart are not only its rigorous academic standards but also the remarkable faculty that drives cutting-edge research and innovation. Oxford’s distinctive tutorial-based teaching method fosters critical thinking and encourages independent learning, shaping students into independent, analytical thinkers.
- Host University: University of Oxford;
- Host Country: United Kingdom;
- Study Level: Undergraduate and Postgraduate Level;
- Scholarship Type: Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: Check the details below;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: All Subjects;
- Application Deadline: January 19th, 2024.
The Clarendon Scholarships program goes beyond providing financial support; it nurtures over 200 exceptional graduate students annually, offering them a gateway to join one of Oxford’s most dynamic, globally diverse, and interdisciplinary academic communities.
- Effortless Consideration: If you submit your course application by the December or January deadline (depending on your specific course), you won’t need to go through a separate application process for the Clarendon Scholarship.
- Comprehensive Support: Clarendon Scholarships provide comprehensive coverage. They not only cover your course fees but also offer a living expense grant throughout the duration of your fee liability.
- Open to All: These scholarships are truly inclusive, welcoming candidates from all corners of the world, with no restrictions on your ordinary residence or chosen field of study. Whether you’re pursuing a full-time or part-time DPhil or Master’s program, you have an opportunity to be part of the Clarendon community.
- Exceptional Promise: Clarendon scholars are selected based on their remarkable academic achievements and the promising potential they exhibit.
- Global Competition: The Clarendon Scholarships are highly competitive, drawing applications from top candidates worldwide. It’s a testament to the caliber of individuals who aspire to make a difference through their academic pursuits.
The scholarship selection process is comprehensive and considers several key factors:
- Academic Excellence: Candidates with an exceptional academic track record are sought after, often holding a first-class honours degree or an equivalent qualification. Impressive GPA scores, frequently exceeding 3.7 on a 4.0 scale, are common among successful Clarendon scholars. However, variations in academic journeys are recognized, and an outstanding Master’s degree can compensate for a less impressive undergraduate performance. Individual grades on academic transcripts, previous university awards or prizes, rankings within your academic cohort, and relevant publications (if applicable) are all considered.
- Future Potential and Passion: Beyond past achievements, the focus is on candidates’ potential for future success. This is assessed through references and research proposals, which help gauge research aptitude and potential contributions to the chosen field of study.
- Your Drive and Dedication: Commitment to the chosen course of study is crucial. Dedication is assessed through personal statements and reports submitted by referees, providing insights into motivation and enthusiasm for the academic journey.
- Academic Evaluation: Applications to your desired course are evaluated by academic experts in your chosen field. They assess the academic quality and suitability of your application.
- Departmental Decision: The department responsible for your course makes the final decision regarding your graduate placement. You can expect to receive their decision within a specified timeline. Please refer to the provided schedule for precise details on when you’ll receive their response.
- Clarendon Nomination: Academic professionals within your department simultaneously identify candidates who meet specific selection criteria to nominate for the prestigious Clarendon scholarship.
- Divisional Review: Each academic division at the University, including the Department for Continuing Education, conducts a thorough review of departmental scholarship nominations. These nominations are meticulously evaluated based on academic excellence and future potential. The most outstanding nominees from each division emerge as shortlisted candidates for the Clarendon scholarship.
- The Offer Letter: If you find yourself among the select group of Clarendon candidates, the Clarendon Fund Administrator will reach out to you. You’ll receive the much-awaited scholarship offer letter, often referred to as a ‘CB1’ letter. This offer secures your funding, provided you meet the conditions outlined in your offer of a place to study at Oxford.
- Confirmation of Funding Package: In the months of April, May, and possibly extending into June, Clarendon Partnership Awards are thoughtfully matched to deserving scholars based on award requirements. If you’re a Clarendon offer holder, no additional information is required from you at this stage. Each scholar will receive a comprehensive funding breakdown letter, known as a ‘CB2’ letter, detailing the funding arrangements. Additionally, final college placements will be confirmed in conjunction with partnership awards.
For more information, please visit the university’s official website: https://www.ox.ac.uk/clarendon