The American University is a prestigious institution of higher education located in the United States. It is renowned for its strong academic programs, vibrant campus life, and commitment to fostering intellectual growth, it offers a wide range of academic programs across various disciplines, providing students with opportunities for intellectual exploration and academic excellence.
The university hosts a diverse array of academic departments, encompassing fields such as arts and sciences, business, communications, international service, and public affairs. This diversity allows students to pursue a wide range of interests and career paths.
American University places a strong emphasis on global awareness and international engagement. It offers numerous study abroad programs, international internships, and a diverse student body, which fosters a global perspective in its graduates.
The university is known for its rigorous and intellectually challenging curriculum. Students are encouraged to engage critically with their course materials, fostering a deep understanding of their chosen field of study, it emphasizes research, giving students the chance to work closely with faculty on cutting-edge research projects.
- Host University: American University;
- Host Country: USA;
- Study Level: Masters and Bachelor Level;
- Scholarship Type: Partial and Fully Funded;
- Scholarship Worth: 4,000$;
- Eligible Countries: International Students;
- Subjects Available: Nutrition Education, Science in Counter-Terrorism and Homeland Security, Science in Health Promotion Management, Public Administration and Policy, Arts in Strategic Communication, and Arts in Economics.
- Application Deadline: December 15th, 2023.
The Global Leaders Scholarships are now available for Masters and Bachelor Students in the fields of: Nutrition Education, Science in Counter-Terrorism and Homeland Security, Science in Health Promotion Management, Public Administration and Policy, Arts in Strategic Communication, and Arts in Economics at the American University, USA.
The American University Global Leader Scholarship for 2024 in the United States is a wonderful opportunity designed for international undergraduate students. This scholarship encompasses the following aspects:
- Full Tuition Fees
It’s essential to bear in mind that while the EGL scholarship covers these significant costs, there are some additional expenses that it does not cover, which are estimated to be around $4,000 annually. These include:
- Health Insurance
- Airline Tickets
- Incidental Expenses
Requirements for the AU Emerging Global Leader Scholarship: To qualify for the American University Global Leader Scholarship in 2024 in the United States, aspiring candidates need to meet the following criteria:
- This scholarship is available to individuals of any nationality who are applying for American University Online Master’s Scholarships.
- If you’re seeking admission to a Master’s degree program, you should hold a Bachelor’s Degree.
- A strong academic track record is a fundamental requirement for those applying for this scholarship.
- Priority consideration will be given to applicants who can demonstrate leadership qualities.
- Scholarship recipients are expected to maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 during the initial two semesters of their Master’s Program.
- Online Application
- Create an Account: You may need to create an account on the university’s application platform. This account will serve as a central hub for submitting your application materials and tracking your application status.
- Submission Deadline: It’s crucial to be aware of the application deadline, which is usually well in advance of the academic year you plan to enroll.
- Transcripts: Applicants must provide official transcripts from their previous educational institutions, including undergraduate institutions, demonstrating a strong academic record.
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate: A copy of your Bachelor’s degree certificate may be required to verify your eligibility for a Master’s program.
- Letters of Recommendation: Typically, applicants must submit letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to their academic abilities, character, and leadership potential.
- Resume/CV: A comprehensive resume or curriculum vitae should be included, highlighting your educational and professional experiences, leadership roles, and any relevant achievements.
- Passport Copy: A copy of your passport is typically required to verify your nationality.
- Bachelor’s Degree: To be eligible for a Master’s program, you generally need to hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- Academic Excellence: Most scholarship programs have a minimum GPA requirement, and strong academic performance is usually expected.
- Leadership Qualities: Demonstrated leadership qualities and a commitment to making a positive impact are highly valued in scholarship applicants.
English is the primary language of instruction at American University, and proficiency in English is essential for success. Language requirements can often be met through:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language): The university may require a minimum TOEFL score, which varies by program but is usually around 80-100 for the internet-based test.
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): An IELTS score may be accepted as an alternative to TOEFL. The required score is often around 6.5-7.0.
- Duolingo English Test: Some institutions accept the Duolingo English Test, with a required score typically around 110-120.
For more information, please visit the University’s official website: https://www.american.edu/admissions/international/au-egls-apply.cfm